Saturday, July 24, 2010

O'Neals in Penang: Brendan Stylin'






Before Brendan came, I searched for hair cutting scissors so he could cut my and the kids' hair. I found none in KL. No hair stylists were selling them at our hotel. Then I dragged Brendan and Mom around Penang's mall for a scissors wild goose chase. No hair cutting scissors. I was about to drag them out of the mall to another big store where yet another saleslady claimed there'd be hair scissors. Then, the mall information desk pointed us in the direction of the 3rd of 5 floors in the mega mall (Malays love big, sprawling hyper air conditioned malls with Starbucks). There, we finally found a shiny spread of hair scissors. Brendan found a pair, barely worthy of his artistry.

Brendan cut all of our hair on the balcony of our Penang Hotel, the famous Rasa Sayang. He taught me a trick for cutting Alice's bangs -- beware, Alice! And, Brendan's sculptural techniques put a smile on my face, knowing the kids and I would start our respective schools, Brendan-styled.

No comments:

Post a Comment