Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dim Sum in Kuala Lumpur (KL): With Faculty Friends

Hera and Bawany


"Porridge" with Cod Fish, delish!!




January 14, 2011

I went out for Dim Sum lunch with me couple faculty friend buddies. What a treat! Last time it was chicken feet they made me try, you may remember. This time I enjoyed watching the banter in Cantonese between my Chinese-origin, Canadian-raised friend, named Hera, with the Cantonese-speaking waiters. She seems to argue and lightly bark at them and they respond with equal enthusiasm. And, I benefit with the awesome spread that magically appears, as a result. And, our conversation only deepened with time to what it's like to be wives and "scholars" at the same time. I really like having Hera and Bawany as friends to pop in on a few doors down from my office at HELP University.

No comments:

Post a Comment